These are a couple of pictures i captured with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S6).
I am told pictures can tell a lot about a person.
So lets see… what can you tell about me by just looking at these pictures? I’d love to read. 🙂
❤ ❤ ❤
In the latter part of last year, I promised myself to live a very minimal lifestyle and to “be more with less”. It however wasn’t as easy as I imagined but i pressed on and must confess that I’m really loving this new lifestyle! Wondering how to begin the journey to living a minimalist lifestyle? In this post i share with you some of the steps i took.
A minimalist lifestyle consists of getting rid of unnecessary stuff. This will allow you to live a more meaningful life.
- Have a Clutter free zone. I make sure that my bed, my home-office desk and my bedroom floor are clutter free, including the top of my wardrobe 🙂 . I’m a sucker for clean and clear environment and I’m loving this feeling. My room is clutter free now! Thank you Jesus.
- Travel lightly. I see eyes rolling here. hahaha! I absolutely love to travel light and ain’t sorry about that. Travel always renews my love of minimalism and living simply. The next time you take a trip, pack only the clothing you will wear and see how it feels to carry less baggage.
- Leave the material possessions. When we cling onto material possessions we create stress because we are always afraid of losing these things. By simplifying your life you can lose your attachment to these things and ultimately create a calm, peaceful mind.
- Donate. If you have clothes that you haven’t worn in 3-6 months just sitting in your wardrobe and taking space, give it out! Donate it! I had a TV in my room which I never watched just sitting there and gathering dust. I gave it away recently cos who am I kidding? I don’t need it! Look at your home… is there anything that is just taking space and you really could do without? Why not give it away and increase your blessings? The less things you have to worry about, the more peace you have, and it’s as simple as that.
Or simply live by these rules:
- Own fewer items which are higher quality
- Before buying, ask yourself if you really need it
- Live in the moment, enjoy life
“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
❤ ❤ ❤