I don’t know about you, but my preference for travelling is to always go light!! I simply don’t understand why people get a bit annoyed when you politely tell them that it’s just one bag you’re travelling with and NO you cannot carry along an extra bag!
When you aren’t travelling to one particular destination, the whole idea of taking extra luggage with you can be a pain and literally tiring! I have been in situations where I had drag two heavy bags from one city to the next before finally moving them to the airport and running to the baggage drop off area like a crazy confused woman because I was close to missing my flight! Not a good look and not a good memory I want to keep forever. Lol. I am still trying to forget this but looks like it’s a story I’ll keep telling for a while longer. Lol. Imagine the state I was in. I felt light-headed, dizzy and tired the whole damn time! Lol!
My personal advice to anyone who is a newbie at this travelling thing is to keep it simple. Don’t try to please anyone!! Rather aim at having a stress-free travel experience.
If you’re wondering what the big deal about travelling light is, here are a couple of reasons:
- no excess baggage fees (Yay)
- quicker to pack at home and at your destination
- makes multi-destinations trips less of a hassle
- less risk of bodily injury moving all that weight around
- smugness – you can’t overestimate the wonderful smugness that comes with packing light and throwing your bag on the airport scales with confidence
So tell me, do you also travel light? Got any bad travel experiences or tips for travelling light? Do share. Eager to read your comments.
<3 <3 <3